Knights of the Mashing Fork

CT CO2 Swap

Started by Sir Vorlauf, Sep 01, 2017, 12:40 PM

Go Down

Sir Vorlauf

Looks like most people here use Maine Oxy, so I did that.
They were easy to deal with. They didn't even look at my tanks (which I told them were over 10 years old).  With a hazmat fee and taxes it was $37.78 to swap out a 20# CO2 tank.

I called aero all gas and without taxes and likely fees, it was $43.95 for the swap and recert. 
Brewers must have an intimate understanding of the physics of heating and cooling, the hard science of enzymes and fermentation- and then forget it all to achieve a gut-level Zen instinct for the process.

brewboy

Not to make you feel bad, but with tax, I pay a little over $10 for a 20# swap. I have to drive an extra 5 miles or so, but this welding shop hasn't raised their price in years. Every time I go, I expect to pay more. 
Oh, and the only extra fee is sales tax. I hate addon fees. AirGas is really bad about that. and i refuse to give them any business.

Sir Vorlauf

I assumed as much.  This is CT. Everything costs much more than it should. Businesses need to cover all the taxes, regulations, real estate, labor, and all the other BS that comes with being in this commie state.
Brewers must have an intimate understanding of the physics of heating and cooling, the hard science of enzymes and fermentation- and then forget it all to achieve a gut-level Zen instinct for the process.

brewboy

There are plenty of places around here that charge $20-$25. I called a fire extinguisher place a few years ago and they wanted $35.  

CharlieHorse

Why would there be a haz-mat fee on CO2? It literally comes fro the atmosphere.

brewboy

Why would there be a haz-mat fee on CO2? It literally comes fro the atmosphere.
Because they can. 

CharlieHorse

The only thing liberals like more than banning stuff is taxing stuff.

brewboy

The only thing liberals like more than banning stuff is taxing stuff.
I can't argue with that. 

Go Up