New Forum

Started by Sir Vorlauf, January 17, 2021, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Vorlauf

For some reason, the old forum just quit working.  I tried my best to fix it, and it almost worked, but no such luck.

This is a new version of the old software, freshly installed.   And then customized a bit.   Let's see how this goes...

:givemebeer:

SirBraggot

Thanks Brian for bringing our forum back to life! Weird that the old one died, but this new one is looking good and a little more modern.

Sir Grist

Thanks for bringing it back to life!

Any chance we get back the old threads/posts?

Sir Grist

I'm trying out the attach file feature.

In the attached image, I show two links on the kotmf homepage to the forum that need to be updated.

DaveP

ok, signed up!  :smileys-bottledrunk1:

- Dave Pescatello

nicjon

I should be set up.

-Nic Rice

Sir Vorlauf

Quote from: Sir Grist on January 26, 2021, 09:44:15 AM

The old threads are raw in the old database. I couldn't get them imported, but I'm fairly sure I can get some of the most important ones copied back very manually.  It'll take time and effort.

nicjon

Quote from: Sir Vorlauf on January 27, 2021, 07:28:21 AM
Quote from: Sir Grist on January 26, 2021, 09:44:15 AM

The old threads are raw in the old database. I couldn't get them imported, but I'm fairly sure I can get some of the most important ones copied back very manually.  It'll take time and effort.

let me know if there is something I can do to help. Classes are still slow right now

SirBraggot

I'm happy to try to help too if I can ... Is it something like picking through whatever format they saved the posts in and trying to extract the text?

If we can only pull forward a couple of things, I think the Nov meeting notes would be good to have, and I think we had a thread with recipes from former club brews. We can certainly leave any of my PUI typo-infused ramblings behind.  :smileys-bottledrunk1:

etbandung

brewing like alchemist 8)

aidanxfriesen

I guess i picked a good time to poke my head in the door again!
I think the most obvious answer is just to brew as much beer as possible lol

Scott

Hi Everyone,

Registered up on the new forum. Great meeting some of the club members last night at your August club meeting.

:bier:

-Scott

jonathan

Hey Brian, just had to rejoin the new forum, hoping to get access to the rest of the forum info again! Jonathan