Recent posts

Public Forum / How To Join: Where's all the C...
Last post by SirNitro - November 05, 2021, 01:15:06 PM
Hi!

All of our day-to-day, brew day, event and meeting planning happens in a private subforum of our website which requires approval from existing members to access. If you'd like to join, just register for the forum and drop us a message on our facebook, toss us an email, or make a post in the public forum letting us know your user name, and we'll grant your access to The Round Table private forum.

Cheers!
- The Knights
Public Forum / Re: Brewing Software
Last post by Scott - August 25, 2021, 07:36:05 AM
Thanks for sharing, that is pretty slick! Do you create a new sheet for every batch? Do you use something like Bru-n-water for water / ph calculations?

Being a recovering engineer I'd have to switch the it to metric but I could see myself being able to use something like that.
Last post by Sir Grist - August 24, 2021, 10:47:49 PM
I just use a simple spreadsheet that I've recently simplified to make it more amenable to google sheets. Check it out if you wish, this is NicJohn's and mine  last cookie crisp stout.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXp5HH_q9tGGkAfgwkvkJLfc1RRV0TxWEo1SWkk-krc/edit?usp=drivesdk

Last post by Scott - August 19, 2021, 03:23:05 PM
I use to just do a very simple approach to brew day. I'd tweak a recipe in BeerSmith or older software and write all my steps into a notepad and then record a few things along the way like mash temp, OG/FG, weather, date, time. It actually worked really well but I found that I didn't go back into my notebook to look for changes and get that into Beersmith.

My current process is to use Brewfather, Tilt hydrometers, I do a much better job at capturing notes about when I pitch yeast, I can see what the fermentation profile looked like, when I added dry hops, how long the batch was on tap, etc. I also started to heavily rely on the inventory functions.

Here's the first imperial stout I've brewed. Going to likely split this into two secondaries and do something different to them. Thinking Cacao Nibs and Coconut in one and maybe coffee or vanilla and Cacao Nibs in the other.

https://web.brewfather.app/share/auK81Bu0E3PBRY

The public facing "share" link doesn't include all my notes, measurements, etc but still fun to share with others.

Of course I missed my OG on a beer this big, didn't worry too much about that and just rolled with it.
Last post by nicjon - August 19, 2021, 11:42:58 AM
What I want to know is what information everyone uses. I'm using Beersmith 3 and it feels like there is an overload of information that I don't always use.  Now that I have a refractometer I like knowing what my gravity should be at certain points but other than that its the basics for me (ABV and IBU really)
Last post by Sir Amarillo - August 18, 2021, 01:00:24 PM
Beer smith 2.
Last post by PaleHale - August 18, 2021, 10:59:15 AM
Also using a self-made spreadsheet. Was very interested in the math at the beginning of my brewing career and have been using the spreadsheet ever since.
Last post by Scott - August 17, 2021, 08:11:41 PM
Hard core spreadsheet!  :headbang:  Don't want the "modern" BS 4.0 that is rumored around the corner?
Last post by Sir Vorlauf - August 14, 2021, 03:03:47 PM
Beersmith 2.   I don't need much these days (not to mention my lack of brewing) and I already own it, so I'm hard pressed to change.

I'd go to an excel spreadsheet before buying anything new.
Public Forum / Brewing Software
Last post by Scott - August 12, 2021, 12:59:58 AM
Curious what people are using these days.

I have a Beersmith 3 license but haven't used it in two years. I switched to Brewfather and haven't looked back.

Love that I can use the software on my phone and brewery PC. The software just works and is a modern update to brewing.