Join me for Brew Night - Monday Jan 9th 2023

Started by Scott, January 03, 2023, 08:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Hey Folks.

We've talked about letting each other know when we are going to brew so that anyone interested could join / tag along for the brew.

In that spirit I am looking to brew next on Monday Jan 9th. I'll dough in around 5PM and will wrap up around 10-11PM. No need to stay the whole time or even make the beginning of the brew evening.

This will be on my 3 vessel electric HERMS setup. I'll be brewing an English Bitter for a real ale that will get packaged into a pin/cask and served on beer engine. Going to be an easy brew.

I'd be happy to post these brew evenings more broadly and open it up to new folks that are interested in learning about brewing and not just club participants.

Drinking is allowed, but I won't typically imbibed until things are deep into the boil / whirlpool.

Near future my schedule looks like NEIPA (haven't done a NEIPA in over a year) and a Stout/Porter. Will post timing on those as things firm up.

-Scott

Tom Derway

I would like to join you on the brew that you are doing on Monday. Drop me an email or call if your plans change.
Tom

Scott

Sent you a PM on here.

See you tomorrow night!

Sir Stout

Thanks for hosting Scott.  Can't make it tonight, but hopefully I can stop by for a future brew!

Scott

Sounds good! I'll try to keep posting the brew days/nights on the forum. Thinking of another evening brew in the coming weeks.

Scott

Great to see you this evening Tom.

Ended the brew night right around 22:15, all cleaned up and put away.

The bitter ended up coming in a bit high with an OG of 1.051 🤷 it'll make a nice real ale.

On to the next one.

Probably a NEIPA or a stout...

Tom Derway

I enjoyed seeing you work your brewing method. You helped me understand more of how my brewing can be improved. Thank you for the invitation. Cheers.